blender foundation has just released the latest stable version of blender 2.75 , you can download as zip or installer format from http://www.blender.org/download/
How do I install Blender?
To install Blender, download the appropriate package for your platform. The Windows version comes with an optional self-extracting installer, for other operating systems you can simply unpack the compressed file to the location of your choice.
Provided the Blender binary is in the original extracted directory, Blender will run straight out of the box. No system libraries or system preferences are altered.
Blender 2.75 features :
The main highlights of this release are:
- Blender now supports a fully integrated Multi-View and Stereo 3D pipeline
- Cycles has much awaited initial support for AMD GPUs, and a new Light Portals feature.
- UI now allows font previews in the file browser.
- High quality options for viewport depth of field were added
- Modeling has a new Corrective Smooth modifier.
- The Decimate modifier was improved significantly.
- 3D viewport painting now supports symmetry and the distribution of Dynamic Topology was improved
- Video Sequence Editor: Placeholders can now replace missing frames of image sequences
- Game Engine now allows smoother LOD transitions, and supports mist attributes animation
- And: 100s of bug fixes and smaller feature improvements.
you can check more details about those features here !